MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Search page for user items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this - I looked and couldn't see a better one!

Here's what I want to do, and I might be able to do it already from within the native board (1.8.10) or I might need some code (and help with that!) or I might need a plugin - I don't know!

I've added a fairly extensive selection of tick box options onto the user profile so that users can list various skills and use the bio section as a kind of resume.  What I then want is to have a form style page within a forum which can grab those tick box fields, converted to a radio button system and then produce a search results list of all the corresponding users.

Within a standard database it would be a very simple thing to do, I just don't know how to make it happen here!
OK - I think I see a way of making this actually pretty simple - I can copy the existing advanced user search template and modify the fields on it to include the extra ones I want?  And then dump it onto a new blank page.   I still  need help though working my way through that and the code for it - all I need is just one or two example lines of how to add the new fields and I can do the rest myself (I assume it's just repeat the fields in a list?)

I'll also probably need a pointer as to how to modify the forum page to include a function button (or url link?) to make the new custom page appear properly.

I'm trying my best to help myself here..........

MODS - this might not be in the right place thread now?
Is this really so difficult?