MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Email Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1ypjc8.jpg]
I looked at MyBB 2.0's ACP for the first time today, I didn't actually realise the navbar links were actually active prior to that, so I was stuck on the Dashboard and didn't get to see this interesting little control panel :facepalm:

I was thinking of filing a pull request or something for a feature which would let you pull up all the user accounts associated with a specific email aka alt detection. I'm not sure what the best way to do it for the Control Panel would be, but one possible way would be to click on an email and then it'll bring up all the accounts connected to that email.

Perhaps, something like [email protected] [1]  on the user list with the [1] representing the number of accounts associated with that email. That way, you don't need to check each and every email just to see if there's an alt.
As a little minor thing, I could link the usernames up to the profiles? That would give admins a quick way of jumping to a user's profile from there, although an admin might mistake that for an edit link.

I would probably have to implement a basic Control Panel User Search feature and feed the email as a parameter into that rather than implementing it separately. If you like the sound of this and the MyBB Team approves of it, then I'll get to work on it.
Makes sense to me.

We need to implement view filtering/sorting for the user list too, to allow searching and filtering/sorting like we currently do. I use the custom views feature of MyBB 1.x fairly heavily as it stands.
Nice work!