MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Block downloading until specific post count is reached? Password block?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB people! I'm having a great time going through the Mods and Plug Ins. I haven't seen these three so can someone help me out? I need mods or plugins (whichever is simpler to install) to:

Automatically block all members from downloading until a certain post count is reached

Block specific words from being used to register in usernames AND passwords. And in the case of passwords the mod/plugin blocks changing your password to these after registering

Make it so guests cannot access the downloads section though bots ARE able to crawl the pages so my forum comes up in Google search results

I'm enjoying my time here so far so everyone please keep up the great work. Smile 

Your help is much appreciated!
(2017-02-03, 09:14 PM)mybbxoxo Wrote: [ -> ]Automatically block all members from downloading until a certain post count is reached
This can be solved using  with Group Promotions and the Can download attachments? permission.

Quote:Block specific words from being used to register in usernames [...]
Configuration → Banning → Disallowed Usernames

Quote:[...] AND passwords. And in the case of passwords the mod/plugin blocks changing your password to these after registering
I'm not aware of such plugin, however I'd recommend adjusting Login and Registration Options instead of disallowing specific phrases in passwords.

Quote:Make it so guests cannot access the downloads section though bots ARE able to crawl the pages so my forum comes up in Google search results
MyBB's bot detection in Configuration → Spiders / Bots allows to select a group which matching guests are assigned to that can be further customized with each forum's permissions.

This practice is known as cloaking and can result in removing the affected website from search results - see https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66355, https://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/webm...a23a#avoid.
Thanks! Is there something I can do in Permissions to make a specific subforum only accessible to those who are logged in? Would this prevent removing my site from search results?
^ each forum's accessibility can be based on group permissions. [more details]
preventing access to guests (for the specific forums) might help in your above requirement.
Thanks!