MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does MyBB have forum rules or ToS for user's personal forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm not planning on having anything I consider bad on my forum but I haven't been able to find a MyBB ToS to find out if you guys kind of tell people what they can do on their own forums? When I was trying to chose free forum software I read about all the different ones including now-defunct ones, and for example phpBB happened to post that they don't want to get into the realm of telling users what they can and cannot say or put on their own personal forums and possibly they can't anyway. Is MyBB like that or do you guys kind of try to tell people what to do? Not that I'll be doing anything crazy, obviously. Angel
We can't tell you what you can't do with your forum, however we do have the Support Eligibility Policy where we will refuse support for forums with certain subjects: https://mybb.com/support/eligibility-policy/
Thanks for the link! What does deny support mean? Like if that person would do something on your list they can't post in this forum for help with technical issues?
Pretty much, yeah. We don't want to support and effectively help run and maintain a site will illegal/immoral content.
That's pretty tolerant of you. There's a lot of stuff that I don't support either so I get where you're coming from. Cheers!