MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: More Than One Secret Pin [Admin CP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just the other day I found the thread on this, I know a lot of the replies were years old but for some reason... I cannot for the life of me find this thread again.

Would anyone be kind enough to explain how I would use a different secret pin for different users? 

Also, would this mean that any admin that can access the ACP who is not assigned a pin can login without one? Or would I have to assign them one for them to login? I'm hoping I would have to assign them one.
As far as i know there's only one secret pin for the admin.
The login is the same as for your member whois a mod or second admin, but the secret pin is the same.
I understand that, I was just hoping there was a way to assign a different pin for each admin/mod who can access the ACP.

But also wanted to make sure that if I added a pin for each user that a user without a pin couldn't access the ACP.
If mods have admin access ( group setting ) then they need a pin you setup.
And there normal login as on the forum.
Regular members can't login even when they have a pin ( because they have no admin access setup in there group settings ).
"Regular members can't login even when they have a pin ( because they have no admin access setup in there group settings )."
I know this, what I meant by what I said is: But also wanted to make sure that if I added a pin for each admin/mod that an admin/mod without a pin couldn't access the ACP.

Once again because I'm not really getting a yes or no this is possible or isn't possible, can I set a specific PIN for each admin/mod? I don't want us all using the same PIN.
(2017-02-05, 02:51 AM)Nicole-Studios Wrote: [ -> ]Once again because I'm not really getting a yes or no this is possible or isn't possible, can I set a specific PIN for each admin/mod?

No
There is no way to do this in the core, but might be possible with a plugin.
Might be something cool to add into the next update of MyBB!