MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: REALLY SCARED! yandex bot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do i do?

i live in the united states and this yandex bot was visiting my site http://utubepoop.com/index.php

I heard its some russian company.

should I worry? is it a virus? 

what do i do?

thx Smile
Yandex is a russian search engine, nothing else.
Not all russian bots are dangerous, don't feed the troll Smile
(2017-02-06, 09:39 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Yandex is a russian search engine, nothing else.

thank you sorry i panicked at the time. I now now yandex is just a russian search engine. I promise i am not a troll though Big Grin
(2017-02-07, 05:48 AM)Bigredclaygeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-06, 09:39 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Yandex is a russian search engine, nothing else.

thank you sorry i panicked at the time. I now now yandex is just a russian search engine. I promise i am not a troll though Big Grin

Reminds me of when I first created my forum. I had "Google" and "Facebook" show in online. I got excited because I thought people from Google and Facebook were impressed with my forum.. Nah, just friendly bots indexing your site.  Toungue
You could add

User-agent: Yandex
Disallow: /

In robots.txt

He will still show a visit, but will slow down on the crawling and indexing.
Nothing to be worried about, it's normal behavior. I wouldn't block them from visiting either.
I also have Yandex on mine. I assume it's a good thing. Is that accurate
Yandex is AWESOME. Let me tell you. I use Yandex regularly.

Its a Russian Google, you can say. Even it still provides all the webmaster admin tools which google has revoked free distribution and made paid, like custom email domain, organization management, wiki, tracker, secure messenger, cloud storage and what not.

I am not aware about any US rules though, but I hardly believe that there is a rule about if you get a bot visit to your site from Russia or China then you are considered criminal.