MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [help!][1.6.8] Validate_password_from_username and Unable to Logout!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently converted from PunBB to MyBB, but I didn't have MyBB reset the passwords. Instead, I modified MyBB's validate_password_from_username function to accept older passwords, and then convert them to the md5 hashed equivalent. I added this code just after $user = db->fetch_array($query); on line 54 of functions_user.php.
	//*** start punnbb to mybb password converter ***
	//lets just make sure the user exists
	if ($user['uid'])
	{
		//the user exists, we have their info in $user
		//we have the password in $password, punbb uses sha1
		//but its truncated to 32 chars
		//matches whats in the db, then its from punbb
		//my version of mybb is dumb, it doesn't use salts
		//so update the password to md5, which is what was passed to the function 
		if (substr(sha1($password),0,32) == substr($user['password'],0,32))
		{
			//take the subbed pass and put a md5 encryption on it and insert it into the database
			$sql = "UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."_users SET password = '".$password."' WHERE uid = '".$user['uid']."'";
			if (@mysql_query($sql)) { /* it was updated, now its md5 */ }
			else { echo("Password Error: " . mysql_error() . "<br>Please contact your board admin immediately."); }
		}
	}
	//*** end punnbb to mybb password converter ***

This seems to be causing problems where I can't logout. It's really working fine, except for the fact that the session ID is.. incorrect?

I hope someone has an idea.. do I need to update the loginkey when the password is changed?? :\

Clint
The session ID would not have anything to do with that piece of code. Well, it shouldn't.

What is the logout link on your forums? It should contain something like uid=X&sid=Y.
Okay, well, it's working now. I have no idea what changed, but thanks for the help! Smile
off topic: I need to work on making shorter comments in my code >.>

Clint