MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limit opening new topics in a specific subforum for some users (new + under 1 year)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a "second hand" marketplace Area on my forum and I want to limit creating new topics for the new users (minimum 10 posts) and for the people registred under one year. 

So, in a specific subforum, you can post but can't open new threads, if you don't have 10 posts OR minimum one year from the registration date. 

Can you tell me how exactly to set the forum in order to implement this requests?  

The main group is named "Registred" with full privileges. In Users & Groups / Groups  I created a new group named "Fresh" but the nexts steps are unclear for me, based on what I read.

Thanks,
You could adapt my ThreadLimiter plugin
Thanks man,

I created a new group for advanced users and using the Group Promotion function, I moved to the new group all my users with minimum 10 posts / one year, and the primary group Registred was the object of the Thread Limiter plugin, where I set 0 (zero) to

Maximum topics in defined forums.
Enter the number of topics that users in the selected group(s) may create in the defined forums.

and after I selected the subforum where the pugin will be active.

Hope to be useful my experience