MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stay on post preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello when you use the preview post button it jumps to the preview briefly but then jumps back again to the post editor.

Is there a way to make it stay on the preview so you have to scroll down to get to the editor?

Some of my members are not seeing the preview as it jumps back to quick.

Thank you.
I still can't find out how to do this, can anyone help. ?

When I click "Preview post" it jumps to the preview but then jumps straight back to the editor. I want it to jump to the preview and stay there or at least stay their longer than 1 second.

Thank you.
Anyone?
(2017-02-06, 03:28 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Some of my members are not seeing the preview as it jumps back to quick.

Since it is "some" but not all, I suspect it is theme-related.
Identify who it works properly for, and who is not, then compare theme templates.

I've seen where a forum modifies the Default theme for their members. Even plugins go in to do that.
Leaving Default theme unmodified allows the administrator to verify if a problem is due to MyBB core or elsewhere.

Look at the editpost, newreply and newthread templates, also Ungrouped Templates / previewpost.
(2017-02-17, 11:18 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-06, 03:28 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]Some of my members are not seeing the preview as it jumps back to quick.

Since it is "some" but not all, I suspect it is theme-related.
Identify who it works properly for, and who is not, then compare theme templates.

I've seen where a forum modifies the Default theme for their members. Even plugins go in to do that.
Leaving Default theme unmodified allows the administrator to verify if a problem is due to MyBB core or elsewhere.

Sorry I meant "some" as in they don't notice the preview is there as it goes back to the editor to quick (the same as it does here on MyBB Community) I'm sure it wouldn't need a plugin though.

But thank you anyway.

If anyone else knows please post

Thank you.
(2017-02-17, 11:42 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]they don't notice the preview is there as it goes back to the editor to quick (the same as it does here on MyBB Community)
My reply on this forum platform was partially entered, then I scrolled down to the Preview Post button and clicked it. When I did, the Preview window was on top showing me the preview, and I had to scroll down to continue editing my post. So I guess I don't really understand your problem when you say "it goes back to the editor to quick (the same as it does here on MyBB Community)."

This post is a test of the platform which seems to be working correctly.
(2017-02-17, 09:19 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-17, 11:42 AM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]they don't notice the preview is there as it goes back to the editor to quick (the same as it does here on MyBB Community)
My reply on this forum platform was partially entered, then I scrolled down to the Preview Post button and clicked it. When I did, the Preview window was on top showing me the preview, and I had to scroll down to continue editing my post. So I guess I don't really understand your problem when you say "it goes back to the editor to quick (the same as it does here on MyBB Community)."

This post is a test of the platform which seems to be working correctly.

I don't know how else to explain it. Let's stick to this MyBB support forum as that is run as far as I know on the default.

I am now typing my reply to you

I click "Preview Post"  

It jumps to the preview for about 1 second

It then goes back to where I am typing my reply

I no longer see the preview unless I scroll up

I want it to stay on the preview until I scroll down.

Sorry but what you are saying is not happening to me, it goes to preview and jumps back to the editor within about 1 second. I no longer see the preview unless I scroll up.

So if you are staying on the preview and have to scroll down and I have to scroll up then something is not working across all browsers or systems?
Most of my experience is with a desktop computer with screen, mouse and keyboard running Firefox browser.
I can evaluate with an iPad and Safari browser.

Replied on iPhone.
Functions as expected and described by me earlier.
I've found the problem and reported it as a bug.

If you uncheck the box "Put the editor in source mode by default" in other options it causes a problem with Post Preview.

Option checked the preview jumps back to the editor after 1 second.

Option unchecked the preview stays where it should.