MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need staff and members for my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how I am gonna find them? I put a lot of effort and money into my site, because I want the site to be in top notch level. yeah mybb powers my forum, that's why I decided to check people in here first. currently there are no ads on my forum, because I have ads in my blog. my purpose is making a discussion platform for information technology, business management, psychology, people and society , employment and jobs, communication and finally engineering and innovations. probably I will expand it more, but basically it's a forum for intelligent discussions. I am not going to post the link here, as it may look like a spam, so if someone is interested for that please PM me.  basically I want moderators and members.
You don't want moderators before members - moderators are there to moderate, not prop up your site. Seriously, though - you need to settle on a niche, otherwise you end up going the way of general boards. And once you go general, you don't go back.
it would be in your best interest in not hiring anyone off the bat. ive seen inexperienced admins picking anyone at random for a staff position. maybe if you got to know the person after several months...but if youre under time crunch, then go for it and see what happens. ive bookmarked forum Smile
If you are serious about project, than even paid moderators or VA should be good.
You can try fiverr or freeclancer to find such staff.
(2017-02-11, 12:59 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]If you are serious about project, than even paid moderators or VA should be good.

I don't think that's my purpose of creating the forum, beside then it will attract the wrong crowd. I want the right crowd in the community, not someone who goes away once they are not paid. The forum is a win win situation place, I give you a platform for promoting your contents, brand, articles, and in return I get more visitors to the forum, and it has always been my dream to make a community in technology niche. So this is more for my personal satisfaction, and for the benefit of the world, more than for my financial gain. I want the community to be in the top notch level, and that's why everything is in premium grade. even the domain uses a premium grade DNS. Soon I will install a TLS certificate and encrypt the connection, and then move the forum to a dedicated domain when I have enough members. see I already bought a domain for that too. so yeah I am serious about the site. 

[Image: DFI9AFl.png]
(2017-02-11, 01:16 PM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-11, 12:59 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]If you are serious about project, than even paid moderators or VA should be good.

I don't think that's my purpose of creating the forum, beside then it will attract the wrong crowd. I want the right crowd in the community, not someone who goes away once they are not paid. The forum is a win win situation place, I give you a platform for promoting your contents, brand, articles, and in return I get more visitors to the forum, and it has always been my dream to make a community in technology niche. So this is more for my personal satisfaction, and for the benefit of the world, more than for my personal gain. I want the community to be in the top notch level, and that's why everything is in premium grade. even the domain uses a premium grade DNS. Soon I will install a TLS certificate and encrypt the connection, and then move the forum to a dedicated domain when I have enough members. see I already bought a domain for that too. so yeah I am serious about the site. 

[Image: DFI9AFl.png]
In such a case, I will go with the suggestion given by Ben and Butterball Smile
Convert your members to staff.
you should also go with "post for post" exchange on other forums. I might get a sig and advertise on other forums..get some curious onlookers to site
(2017-02-11, 12:59 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]paid moderators

Oh no. Noooooo.

Paying forum staff makes them lose impartiality and their *want* to do their job. It makes them *need* to do it. That's not setting a community environment. If you're not prepared to moderate a board for nothing, you shouldn't be moderating at all.

*opinions are those of me and my employer.
I really like what you've done with your forum! Really good work! IMO.
(2017-02-19, 07:35 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]I really like what you've done with your forum! Really good work! IMO.

Thanks.  Angel
Pages: 1 2