MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to solve REFRESH/CACHE issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear,

I've installed MyBB 1.8 (fresh install) only the "Thank You/Like System" plugin, but the issue dates from before.
Every change I make is not reflected until I manually refresh the page.

For example:
  • I change a setting in the ACP -> I don't get a confirmation message. 
  • I refresh the page -> The confirmation message appears.
  • I open the settings page again -> The old values are still displayed
  • I refresh the settings pages -> The new values I've saved appear
Another example:
  • I open a forum: no new posts are shown, it shows the page exactly as it was the last time I left it
  • I refresh the page: new threads / replies appear
Basically, I have to manually refresh every single page, every single time. 
What's the matter? I tried googling the issue and searching this board but I can't find the solution. 

I suspect a caching issue and it was a local setting. But now I've received complaints from other member of my forum. This is severely impacting the usability of the forum.

URL: http://www.swooptheworld.com/forum
User: TestUser - PW: TestUser100
You're right...I've tested it on your forum

I guess you have any .htaccess entries which defines to cache html pages, right?
(2017-02-07, 12:02 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]You're right...I've tested it on your forum

I guess you have any .htaccess entries which defines to cache html pages, right?

Could you please elaborate?
There's a .htaccess in my root folder, but not in the forum folder (only a htaccess.txt file)
Should it be there? Should it not be there?
Should I add entries or remove some?

Thanks in advance.
Please copy the content ot the attached zip file into your forum folder and test it.

Seems to work Wink
I put it, it seems to have solved the ACP. While changing settings, the change seems to be reflected immediately. 
But the front end it's still the same. I'm testing by giving rep points.
---------
Hold on, I continue the tests, maybe I need to restart my browser first.

Ok, I tried it in another browser and it seems to work now...

Impressed! I salute you, many thanks!!!