MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allow the thread/post owner to view its own post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been bugging me for awhile, when a user creates a new thread (and probably with posts as well), given it needs a moderator, admin or whatever to approve it(more specifically an approval only section in your forum), that given user is unable to view its own thread/post, which on my point of view would generate new users and users that are unaware of it, to create yet another thread/post.

Since on my forums we do have sections that are approval only, and that has happened a few times already I decided to look at it, and by modifying the showthread.php file, more specifically adding this line:

elseif($mybb->user['uid'] == $post['uid'])
    {
        $visible = "AND p.visible IN (0,1)";
    }

After this line https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/f6e6ca...d.php#L746

I was able to introduce that feature, and its a rather small change and I would like to ask, if you guys can see any security issue or anything that would make that change not accepted and how can I request that this feature is implemented to mybb1.8/2.0?

Thanks.
Did you check the permissions for that specific usergroup?

Go to Users & Groups > Groups > Group that has to be moderated > Edit > Forums and Posts > Moderation Options

Check those permissions. They could potentially be the problem.
(2017-02-08, 03:45 AM)Rory Mercury Wrote: [ -> ]Did you check the permissions for that specific usergroup?

Go to Users & Groups > Groups > Group that has to be moderated > Edit > Forums and Posts > Moderation Options

Check those permissions. They could potentially be the problem.

I understand you're trying to be helpful, but I am afraid you misread my entire post.