MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Save Member Changes in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every time I try to edit a member in the User section of my ACP, I get this error when I try to save:

Quote:The style you selected is invalid. Please select a valid style.

I tried all 3 ACP themes and it does it in all 3.  Has anyone run into this and where should I look to see what is causing it?

Screen cap for ref:

[attachment=38342]
I googled "The style you selected is invalid. Please select a valid style" and came up with this thread: https://community.mybb.com/thread-193899.html
which in turn, after reading the through the posts, I was pointed to this thread: https://community.mybb.com/thread-194034...pid1225490
I saw that as well but I haven't been able to find anything wrong with the templates anywhere?  It only does it on the edit member screens - all tabs!  I am stumped!
(2017-02-08, 03:10 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that as well but I haven't been able to find anything wrong with the templates anywhere?  It only does it on the edit member screens - all tabs!  I am stumped!

Try to backtrack what you did before the error happened?
(2017-02-08, 03:18 AM)Rory Mercury Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-08, 03:10 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that as well but I haven't been able to find anything wrong with the templates anywhere?  It only does it on the edit member screens - all tabs!  I am stumped!

Try to backtrack what you did before the error happened?

It's hard to say, I just completed an upgrade from 1.6.x to 1.8.10!  There were a lot of things changed!

Does anyone have any ideas?  This is kind of critical since I cannot edit any members in the ACP!
I did notice that I can edit Admin group members with no errors, but anyone from any other group throws the error! 

Anyone ever see this before?  I could use a hand, LOL Angel
One of the tabs when editing a user will have a setting for which theme they're using, what value is selected?
(2017-02-09, 12:16 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]One of the tabs when editing a user will have a setting for which theme they're using, what value is selected?

It is under account settings tab and is set to the same theme that I have everyone set to...it is the name of the theme, not the  default selection.

With that said, if I switch the setting to DEFAULT, I am able to save the user with no errors!  Why is this so and how can I switch everyone to default?
I'm not sure entirely on why it's erroring without debugging (can't say I've actually seen anyone have this error before), but if you go to the themes section of the ACP, in the options menu for each theme, there should be an option to set the theme as default, and force on users.
I see a possibly related issue...I just added a new, dark theme but I am unable to change it as a test_user!  There is no theme change option in the footer or User CP...

The option to change themes is available when I am logged in as Admin.

Option available in my admin user cp:
[attachment=38346]

Option NOT available in test user/member user cp:
[attachment=38347]

ETA: I'm starting a new thread on this problem...please see here:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-208192.html
Pages: 1 2