MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 new options in the Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If user ticks the email notification checkbox - or - clicks on the subscribe link , Then it produces a error when somebody replies to that thread .

The error shows about 5-6 lines of plain text .

/n/n/n/whatever.php?topic=123
the user wont be sent any more notifications until they have
logged and view the above etc etc

Cant remember the exact wording & nothing else gets displayed on the screen except the above lines of plain text .

The windows web host i use has heavy security measures and chris recently solved cgi error message problem with in when logging in as the admin .

What i usually do to avoid and prevent the above plain text error is go through templates and manually delete the <input> code and the <href> code stuff so the email notification and the subscribe options arnt shown or made available .

What i would like is this is .....

2 new options in the Admin CP with YES/NO radio box selections that would display or hide the 2 features that cause the plain text errors .

These 2 new options would save me about 30 minutes work anytime i do a fresh install of my bb .
I see v1.2.9 is available , Just curious if the above 2 options have been added .
1.2.9 was released with the sole purpose of fixing a vulnerability in MyBB. No new features were added.

If you are not running MyBB 1.2.9, it is recommended that you upgrade as soon as possible. See this thread for more information.
Thanks for the info and the link .