MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Window Worries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyo! I gotz a problemo!
Forum link: https://vidiangaming.net/

On my forum, when going to the login panel, it has the sample "Username" and the sample password dots. Example:

Quote:[Image: ac2993187e606c0179c310c305dc7edd.png]

The problem here is that this text can actually be selected and edited, meaning that people have to remove the text first before they can enter their username and password. Examples:
Quote:[Image: 171f70ee34db2ca882a3aebbba5ac426.png][Image: 78dc0780fba95dfd43eb28df0ed276f8.png][Image: 410a4e75af88f2aa2f6c539073b15a4a.png][Image: 64a243402474cc4bc7b17a234d267831.png]

And now the question is simple, how do I make it so that;
- the "Username" and the password dots are in the background and once you start typing they disappear or;
- the "Username" and the password dots are removed.

Thanks in advance!

Glennyo
The trouble is in your theme, "Username" and "Password" are set as value in your form, they have to be as placeholder.

Your code:
<table class="tborder" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0">
							<tbody><tr>
								<td class="thead" colspan="2" style="border-radius: 0 !important;"><i class="fa fa-user fa_xtra"></i> Login</td>
							</tr>
							<tr>
								<td class="trow1"><input name="quick_username" id="quick_login_username" value="Username" class="textbox initial_focus" style="width: 350px; margin: 11px 8px 0px 8px;" type="text"><i class="fa fa-user adj_log"></i></td>
							</tr>
							<tr>
								<td class="trow1"><input name="quick_password" id="quick_login_password" value="Password" class="textbox" style="width: 350px; margin: -5px 8px 1px 8px;"><i class="fa fa-unlock-alt adj_log"></i></td>
							</tr>
							<tr>
								<td class="trow1 remember_me" style="padding-left: 22px; padding-right: 30px;">
									<input name="quick_remember" id="quick_login_remember" value="yes" class="checkbox" checked="checked" type="checkbox">
									<label for="quick_login_remember">Remember me</label>

<a href="https://vidiangaming.net/forums/member.php?action=lostpw" class="lost_password float_right">Lost Password?</a>
								</td>
							</tr>
							<tr>
								<td class="trow2" colspan="2"><div align="center"><input name="submit" class="button" value="Login" style="margin: 10px 0 8px; width: 97% !important; border: 0; padding: 8px; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; background: #2c82c9;" type="submit"></div></td>
							</tr>
						</tbody></table>

The code you need:
<table class="tborder" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" border="0">
							<tbody><tr>
								<td class="thead" colspan="2" style="border-radius: 0 !important;"><i class="fa fa-user fa_xtra"></i> Login</td>
							</tr>
							<tr>
								<td class="trow1"><input name="quick_username" id="quick_login_username" placeholder="Username" class="textbox initial_focus" style="width: 350px; margin: 11px 8px 0px 8px;" type="text"><i class="fa fa-user adj_log"></i></td>
							</tr>
							<tr>
								<td class="trow1"><input name="quick_password" id="quick_login_password" placeholder="Password" class="textbox" style="width: 350px; margin: -5px 8px 1px 8px;"><i class="fa fa-unlock-alt adj_log"></i></td>
							</tr>
							<tr>
								<td class="trow1 remember_me" style="padding-left: 22px; padding-right: 30px;">
									<input name="quick_remember" id="quick_login_remember" value="yes" class="checkbox" checked="checked" type="checkbox">
									<label for="quick_login_remember">Remember me</label>

<a href="https://vidiangaming.net/forums/member.php?action=lostpw" class="lost_password float_right">Lost Password?</a>
								</td>
							</tr>
							<tr>
								<td class="trow2" colspan="2"><div align="center"><input name="submit" class="button" value="Login" style="margin: 10px 0 8px; width: 97% !important; border: 0; padding: 8px; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; background: #2c82c9;" type="submit"></div></td>
							</tr>
						</tbody></table>
Thanks, I fixed the same issue on my forum...

I found the code in the header_welcomeblock_guest Template
Fixed, thanks!