MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easier way of configuring usergroup access per forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The vast majority of the usergroupsĀ on my forum are for accessing a very specific area of the forums, with 33 usergroups, dragging the disallowed permissions to the right 32 times per forum gets really boring very quickly. Is there a way I can set it so all usergroups are disallowed by default and then I can change what usergroups I need to access that forum to true?

Or is there perhaps a better way to do it?

My hand is beginning to get really sore.
Are they only in one usergroup, or are they additional? You could try editing the permissions in the usergroup settings to not allow access to anything, then only enable on the required forums per group. The issue is if they're in another group that does have access, the 'yes' overrides the 'no' so would give them access if other groups they're in have access.
(2017-02-09, 12:13 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Are they only in one usergroup, or are they additional? You could try editing the permissions in the usergroup settings to not allow access to anything, then only enable on the required forums per group. The issue is if they're in another group that does have access, the 'yes' overrides the 'no' so would give them access if other groups they're in have access.

They are in one primary usergroup, if they require access to a specific forum they get given the secondary usergroup which will give them access to that forum area. Since these additional usergroups are permission access for very specific areas, having to keep dragging to the right is very tiresome.