MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Emails goto spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up SMTP with SSL encryption to send emails but for some reason all registration emails keep going to spam, my host(to my knowledge) is not listed as a spammer? Does anyone know why this occurs?

http://vendettanetworks.com

If anymore information is required please let me know.
Emails going to spam are usually under control of recipient's ISP.
Often, the email headers will give a clue about spam ratings, usually
based on points given for certain characteristics.

If there is a flaw in the sender's process that triggers mail as spam, then
that's a discussion to be had with the host provider.
Adding an SPF record for your domain would be the first thing to do.
I don't believe that it's a flaw in my hosting provider I just think I'm missing something and not sure what it is, I've added an spf record we'll see how that goes but is their anything else I should be doing?
There's various tools online to check the "spammy-ness" of emails, but usually an SPF record is enough - it changes the result from "neutral" (which means the email provider isn't sure so often marks as spam), to a "pass".
(2017-02-09, 08:46 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]There's various tools online to check the "spammy-ness" of emails, but usually an SPF record is enough - it changes the result from "neutral" (which means the email provider isn't sure so often marks as spam), to a "pass".

So I added SPF but it still goes to spam? Any other ideas?
If you are on a shared IP then it can be possible that someone is sending bulk emails from that IP its the major reason for Getting emails in SPAM, contact your provider to help you out.
The other issue is if I use an SMTP provider my bb always says error code 0 failed to contact and I cant use them it will only let me use my localhost...
You could try:
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Mail Settings --> Add message ID in mail headers --> No

It says on it: "Disabling this option on some shared hosts resolves issues with forum emails being marked as spam."

That may help?