MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Right mouse click disable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A plugin or mod like to see is right mouse click disable,so visitors can't right click on posts,images,etc. But i like this plugin or mod be group specific you can choose which group to be able to right click on your site...
"Disabling" right clicking can only be done using JavaScript. If someone really wanted to "steal" your images you aren't able to do anything against it since you simply can disable JavaScript in your browser.
Or they can view the source and find the images..
This is possible to make. I use a javascript to stop right click on a site that I helped creat. Acctualy, the javascript is from Dynamic Drive DHTML. I should be able to put this into a pluging.

* Snake gets to work.
This is impossible to stop completely.
If you don't want people stealing your images, then don't put them on the internet. Toungue
CraKteR Wrote:This is impossible to stop completely.
Your right people can still link to the file directly. And download it.

destroyer Wrote:If you don't want people stealing your images, then don't put them on the internet. Toungue

Or put a water mark on it.

Edit: I'm still working on a plugin to disable right click.
Just to let every one know I have released a plugin that disables right click click here for more details and download link.
You could just add in
document.oncontextmenu = function() { return false; };
in your headerinclude template under:
<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
Smile Or whatever you wanna show instead.