MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Soft deleted posts not visible to admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB Team. 

Found an annoying bug, soft deleted posts disappearing as they were hard deleted. (Soft deleted posts should still show for admins and mods)

In mod cp, in the history, it does show up as posts soft deleted, but for some reason can't see them. 
I did check all the permissions, they all set properly. Also soft delete is switched on. 

Disabled all plugins aswell.

Any idea what cause this? 

// I'm on 1.8.10 and php 7
Run the find updated templates set check in the ACP, you may be missing a template change -there was another user with this issue and I needed to apply a template change and CSS change manually to get them to show up.
(2017-02-11, 11:15 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Run the find updated templates set check in the ACP, you may be missing a template change  -there was another user with this issue and I needed to apply a template change and CSS change manually to get them to show up.

I did that, there is a whole bunch. Can you remember which template was it?
It's the postbit and postbit_classic template, but you'll also need to view a diff on all the updated templates and apply the changes otherwise other functionality may not work.
(2017-02-11, 02:35 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]It's the postbit and postbit_classic template, but you'll also need to view a diff on all the updated templates and apply the changes otherwise other functionality may not work.

Yes, it was the postbit, i done a diffing and found that {$deleted_bit} was missing right after {$ignore_bit}. No CSS edit needed.
Thanks for the help Matt, its fixed now Big Grin
(2017-02-11, 02:44 PM)Sterling0x1 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it was the postbit, i done a diffing and found that {$deleted_bit} was missing right after {$ignore_bit}. No CSS edit needed.
Thanks for the help Matt, its fixed now Big Grin

I had the exact same problem for along time, I added {$deleted_bit} after {$ignore_bit} and now everything is back to normal. Thanks!