MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to set permissions to unregistered members so they can fully view some of the threads, but can only see the titles & descriptions of some of the others. Now I know I can alter the Group permissions for unregistered users so that they can only view the title & descriptions (but can't go into the threads), but as I say, is it possible to only apply this procedure to some of the forum threads and not all?

I notice also that permissions can be set on a per topic basis which is exactly the level I want, but if you deny view permissions to the topic for unregistered members, it also denies the visibility of the title & description which I want to be kept... hmm..
It is only possible to change permission per usergroup and/or per forum. Setting permissions for certain threads or posts is not possible.
What about setting up a special forum?
destroyer Wrote:You'll need a code modification:
http://community.mybboard.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

OK, so what do you reckon? A way of being selective as to what topics you want unregistered users to be able to fully view and a way of blocking the other topics but still depict the title & description....?
Good idea. Wink