MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Update: Dr. Glo-mann passed away) I'm trying to save Dr. Glo-mann!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to save the life of my fish.. Poor little guy never had  a real good life,
let me tell you about it.

Well it all started about 2 years ago.

The day was January 5, 2015, my nephew moved into a new house and bought his son a new fish tank with 3 new fish, two zebra tetras and a glowfish.

Well fast forward two years later, my nephew divorced his wife and completely ignored the fish tank, the fish were suffering, so my grandma decided to start taking care of the little fishes but she was just way overfeeding them, the entire tank was just gunked in fish food, so I one day, looking at the poor state of aquarium, I decided to go and buy my own aquarium, then after looking at the horrible state of the fish in my nephew's aquarium, I decided to adopt the poor little guys. I can still remember the look in Dr. Glow-mann's eyes, he looked like a lost puppy, with no love, he was floating upside down, looked like a dying soldier, barely breathing but hanging in there with every breath of his poor little life. so I immediately rushed those poor neglected fish into my own aquarium where all three immediately burst to life and loved the new, fresh purified water, perfectly ph balanced, clean and oxygenated, and treated, they loved it.

But today I noticed, well, I actually noticed a few days ago, Dr. Glo-mann was swimming at the top of the tank, just wasn't acting right, so here I am at 4:00 a.m rushing off to the gas station to go and get a fresh gallon of water to put Mr. Glo-man in because he was floating at the bottom of the Aquarium a few minutes ago.

So I cut off the top of the fresh gallon of water, threw an air stone in the gallon container and rushed Dr. Glo-mann to the emergency room container. Now he is in intensive care, but I'm watching him closely.

I don't know if he is going to make it.
It's like, he wants to swim but he keeps floating to the bottom, Now he is just laying there on the the bottom of the gallon container, just like the way he looked when I saved his life the first time.

(come on Dr. Glo-mann, don't die on me!!)
I have fish and have had several die, do you not put treatment in the water? You could get a testing kit to check PH/ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels.
(2017-02-12, 12:21 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I have fish and have had several die, do you not put treatment in the water? You could get a testing kit to check PH/ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels.

Thanks matt, I put treatment in the water and have a kit around here somewhere, I need to find it or go and get a new one, the other fish, even a delicate ghost strimp, Sir Walter Shrimpton, they are happy and healthy but like you said, I need to test the water and see if there is an issue, the water has 100% clarity.

Mr. Glo-mann is 50 -50 at the moment. The airstone is creating enough flow to push him around, but then he just floats back to the bottom. Then the current picks him up again and he moves around, I just don't know if he is going to make it.

[Image: Mr_Glo_mann.png]