MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hiring New Staff Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ABOUT US
NUCUTA (formerly CUTA.info) is a technology website where various topics about computer hardware and software, mobile phones, gadgets and many other subjects are covered. NUCUTA also covers tutorials and topics in business management, accounting, self improvement and technology news, and we require staff members to its forum.

NUCUTA is looking for experienced, talented forum staff members who can help to maintain the community. Make sure you have the following qualifications prior to apply. Even if you don't have them, it's still okay to apply as long as you have reasonable amount of experiences, and the want to do the job well.  

Requirements

1. Willingness to be a staff member
2. Being an active forum member in another community for at least a couple of months.
3. Familiar with mybb software, and its functionalities
4. Being open minded, friendly, reasonable and respectful
5. Ability to comprehend, and write in english.
6. Must be 18+, as we want experienced individuals who know the society/people very well.

Optional ->

1. From one of the countries listed in "International" section

Priorities

We expect to recruit at least one staff member from certain groups that we believe may helpful to the community and its members, such as female staff members are useful to attract more female visitors, staff members who are from english speaking countries are useful to attract more people from english speaking countries, arabic members are useful to attract more arab members etc.. likewise,  such members are given a bit higher priority over others, as it helps to promote the diversity in the community.

Responsibilities

1. Help new forum members
2. Attract new people into the community
3. Spread the word about community
4. Report threads/posts that violate forum rules
5. Contribute something useful, meaningful to the community, but it must be fit into one of the sections listed here
http://nucuta.net/
6. Reports bugs and suggest new features for the community in the feedback section
7. Help to maintain the peace in the community
8. Help to stop discrimination, bullying and harassments

Authority

The authority of a staff member depends on the skills that s/he possess. In default you are given no authority, but when you start exhibiting a reasonable amount of skills in a particular area related to one of the categories listed in NUCUTA forum, you will be given the ability to moderate that particular category.    

Process

Simply send me a message in here https://nucuta.net/User-Liyanage

Format

Name :
Nationality :
Age Range :
Experiences :
Purpose of applying :
(2017-02-13, 03:24 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]Authority

The authority of a staff member depends on the skills that s/he possess. In default you are given no authority, but when you start exhibiting a reasonable amount of skills in a particular area related to one of the categories listed in NUCUTA forum, you will be given the ability to moderate that particular category.    

Hang on a second.

You're hiring "staff" that won't be able to do anything to start with? Then why are you hiring them?

Or have I missed something? I had a TIA (mini-stroke) reading your thread. It's convoluted. Cut it down, you're not trying to advertise your site, you're trying to get staff.
(2017-02-13, 03:35 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-13, 03:24 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]Authority

Hang on a second.

You're hiring "staff" that won't be able to do anything to start with? Then why are you hiring them?

Or have I missed something? I had a TIA (mini-stroke) reading your thread. It's convoluted. Cut it down, you're not trying to advertise your site, you're trying to get staff.

Yeah they can like reporting unwanted threads,posts/ suggesting features/ inviting new members/solving problems among members, but they have to exhibit what they are good at before receiving the ability to mod a particular forum/group.  I am looking for a staff, NOT moderators, and there is a different between a staff member, and a moderator. A staff member isn't necessarily a moderator.
(2017-02-13, 03:45 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]reporting unwanted threads,posts

Members can do that. Nothing special there.

(2017-02-13, 03:45 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]suggesting features

ALL your members should be providing site feedback.

(2017-02-13, 03:45 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]inviting new members

Should be you. Sorry, but as the site owner, promotion is YOUR responsibility.

(2017-02-13, 03:45 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]solving problems among members

Won't work if they aren't of a moderation stature at least. It's the "you have no way to stop me" mantra.

Soooo what do your "staff" do, exactly? Nothing members can't do.
(2017-02-13, 04:16 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-13, 03:45 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]reporting unwanted threads,posts

Members can do that. Nothing special there.

(2017-02-13, 03:45 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]suggesting features

ALL your members should be providing site feedback.

(2017-02-13, 03:45 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]inviting new members

Should be you. Sorry, but as the site owner, promotion is YOUR responsibility.

(2017-02-13, 03:45 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]solving problems among members

Won't work if they aren't of a moderation stature at least. It's the "you have no way to stop me" mantra.

Soooo what do your "staff" do, exactly? Nothing members can't do.

Like I said A staff member isn't necessarily a moderator. Also This isn't about taking powers and ruling over people like some dictator, this is about taking responsibilities, participating, and helping members for making something meaningful ,useful to the world. A staff member represents the community, whereas a member isn't. So the staff can talks on behalf of the community, and they are legally entitled to do that.. when they are trusted enough then they are given some authority to main the category that they are good at.  I am not sure from where did you get that idea that all the staff members SHOULD be moderators, and staff members SHOULD have some additional powers that other members don't have. No there is no such thing as you mentioned. That's how you see, but that's not what it's. Prove your worthiness, then you shall probably be awarded what you are seeking for.
(2017-02-13, 04:42 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure from where did you get that idea that all the staff members SHOULD be moderators, and staff members SHOULD have some additional powers --

Where you said that they're meant to stand into a moderation-style position and stop fights from breaking out -- which is a moderators job!
(2017-02-13, 06:41 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-13, 04:42 AM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure from where did you get that idea that all the staff members SHOULD be moderators, and staff members SHOULD have some additional powers --

Where you said that they're meant to stand into a moderation-style position and stop fights from breaking out -- which is a moderators job!

It depends on the individual and how you perceive it, in some companies owner, accountant, CEO all are same, in some companies owner isn't even the CEO, as an example in Microsoft even though Bill gates owns it, he isn't the CEO of the company. so nothing is fixed in this world, everything is tailored by people for their own needs.
(2017-02-13, 12:38 PM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]

It depends on the individual and how you perceive it, in some companies owner, accountant, CEO all are same, in some companies owner isn't even the CEO, as an example in Microsoft even though Bill gates owns it, he isn't the CEO of the company. so nothing is fixed in this world, everything is tailored by people for their own needs.

Bill Gates is not the owner of Microsoft. Bill Gates, if he were the owner, would never have let Windows 8 out the door.

I wish you luck, but I stand firm on my belief that it won't work. You can't throw people into a moderator job with no moderator tools and say "here, stop this fight"
Quote:I had a TIA (mini-stroke) reading your thread.

@Ben Cousins lmao
(2017-02-13, 09:25 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-13, 12:38 PM)Stormyy Wrote: [ -> ]

Bill Gates is not the owner of Microsoft. Bill Gates, if he were the owner, would never have let Windows 8 out the door.

I wish you luck, but I stand firm on my belief that it won't work. You can't throw people into a moderator job with no moderator tools and say "here, stop this fight"

I am not looking people for moderator jobs, I want staff members to speak for the community. being a moderator or not depends on how they earn my trust, and perform in the community. You can't give moderator jobs to random people found in online without even knowing much about them.
Pages: 1 2