MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No permission to edit templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I tried a fresh install of MyBB on the same host and I'm not having any problems editing the templates, my guess would be something messed up on my main install which ended up not giving me enough permissions or something so I would appreciate some guidance on what I can do to fix it.

Thank you.
You get a 403 so please visit your logfiles from the webserver and post us the complete error message from the logfile. (Remember don't posting private informations, mask/change your IP/Timestamp in it)

Then we have a better point to find the reason for your error.
(2017-02-15, 11:49 AM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]You get a 403 so please visit your logfiles from the webserver and post us the complete error message from the logfile. (Remember don't posting private informations, mask/change your IP/Timestamp in it)

Then we have a better point to find the reason for your error.

Checked /home/mywebsite/logs but couldn't find any updated logs from when I tried to visit the page. :/

Well just tried to edit a template now and went to the logs but nothing was updated.
If you get a 403 you must get any log entry, may you looking in the wrong log files, or the logging is disabled, or your hoster log this to other files... look around or ask for them.
Looks like I'm permanently stuck with this error.
Host won't give any logs and I've looked through every folder for logs but I cannot find any.
^ May be a good idea to move hosts then.
(2017-02-16, 04:47 PM)Citrus Wrote: [ -> ]Host won't give any logs and I've looked through every folder for logs but I cannot find any.
Sounds like a realy bad shared hosting...

(2017-02-16, 08:16 PM)Nicole-Studios Wrote: [ -> ]^ May be a good idea to move hosts then.
Sounds like the best solution ^^

If you need help with that we are helping you Wink....
If you need help finding a new hoster we can help to...
I'm in agreement that you should find a new host. My recommendation is Siteground. I've had them since 2010 and have had nothing but good experience from them.
Eh I guess, but what more can I do to fix the permissions error? I've had the forum up since 2013 with active users so I cannot just restart from scratch.
Just male backups and the transfere to the New host... then there is no Data lose
Pages: 1 2 3 4