MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a Customized Template at once
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,I know html , css ,etc.. I know that I should go to [templates and style]=>[templates]=>[default] to edit the current template,But what I don't know is how should I do this in an easy way?I mean there is more than hundreds sections there I should open and edit one by one! How can I do this in an straightway? Opening one page and do what we want..Thanks in advance
I normally work on one page at a time. Just take your time and don't rush it. Consider using Media Queries to make your theme responsive.
Thank you , But I'm working on only one page and I 'm tired of opening and editing "index" then "index_birthday" then "index_birthdays_birthday" , "stats" "footer" "who is online" . I thin that's not worth it to refresh a page just to edit single line of code like
<a href="stats.php">{$lang->forumstats}</a>
In other words where/how can I see and edit template for whole index page?
I mean the following is index page:
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
 lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
 lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
 <link rel="icon" href="/zanganli.ico" type="image/ico">

</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$forums}
{$boardstats}

<br class="clear" />
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

right?

I want to put whole index page template in a new page of notepad++ and finish the job!
but not like above,the {$header} and {$forums},.. should be there ,so I can edit them all at once..
Sorry for the bad english,I hope you get my meaning..Thanks
Certain parts of the code on the index page are generated by the php code in the file. Not using the variable names that load template means that you have no control over who can see it.

This does give me an idea for a plugin though. Basically you select the theme then which template group. It then opens up all templates in that group for editing so you can do the whole thing at once. It will be a premium plugin though.