MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge from Wotlab Burning Boards: Threads missing but in database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on converting a large forum that has been around for upwards of 10 years or so. We are trying to save as much as possible. In the process, I am also moving them to a new hosting company (and thus, new servers).

I have completed a test merge with fairly decent success. I am facing one problem however:

Many threads, when clicked on, show a "The specified thread does not exist." page. However, if I take that 'tid' from the URL and search the database for it, I have a thread with that 'tid' (found in phpMyAdmin).

How do I help the forum realize this?

BTW, if I do a "rebuild" of the threads, it actually wipes out all relevant information (uid, username, dateline, firstpost, lastpost, etc). 
Threads aren't posts.

Posts correspond to the tid in mybb_posts. It sounds like there aren't any contents in mybb_posts.
Thank you - your answer got me thinking. We DID have posts, BUT things must have timed out, and only some of them made it. I was able to go table by table from one phpMyAdmin to the next and move each one. Posts required 3 migrations - a structure, and then the sets of posts in groups of 100,000 (2 files).

Thanks Smile