MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix Forum Width?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://ontic-philosophy.com

I just changed some of the link colours and my forum is now too wide.

What I mean is that the forums are now right across the whole screen , instead of centered, I don't know how this happened as I only changed the font colours for the links, how can I set it so the forum is neatly centered?

I managed to change the .tborder, but the menu links are now spread out too much.

I fixed it by reuploading them theme, but I don't understand why changing the color of links should screw it up.
You could have likely by accident incorrectly added css or forgot to add a closing tag/accidentally deleted a closing tag.

Sometimes even the simple things will screw something up. Smile
hmmm, sounds impossible to find. I can't back up my theme atthe moment because if I do and then reupload it in case something goes wrong, the layout will be all wrong.

It's like there are some settings that have been changed in the editor and they are still waiting to be saved, so whenever I change anything, it screws up the layout.
Are you running the latest version of MyBB?
I am indeed! 1.8.10

I have created this video as I was having a hard time explaining the problem.

Basically here is what I have been doing-

I wanted to learn how to import a database, so I duplictaed my forum on another domain with phpmyadmin, which all went swimmingly.

I wanted to export the default theme from the new forum to my old one because of a few issues you will see in the video.

The problem arises whenever I hit 'Save' in themes>global.css the header goes all weird. I then have to reupload the themes in the cache folder saved on my desktop.

Then it all goes back to normal.

Watch the video as it will become clearer what the problems are. If you have any thoughts on why this happening, I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions.
In case anyone else has the problem of your theme going crazy whenever you hit save and can't find the problem. Here's the solution-

1. If you have a back up of your theme in a good state go to your PC and find the following folder - Root/cache/themes/(your theme folder)
  2. Open the folder
  3. Open the global.css (or whatever css is changing whenever you hit save)
  4. Copy the text of the entire file
Then go to your ACP>Themes>Your Theme>Global.css (or the css in question)

1. Open up in advanced editing mode
  2. Select all and delete
  3. Copy and paste
This will reset all of the quick editor fields instantly.

Go back to your PC and upload the contents of the themes folders in your cache folder to the server and this will have fixed this problem.