MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick login problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running 1.2.7, and whenever I log in using the quick login form, it says my password is incorrect, yet when I type the exact same thing into the regular login form, I get in just fine. Was this a bug that 1.2.8 fixes?
I'm assuming you mean the one at the bottom of the index? Link to your forum? I don't think there was a bug with it (from quickly glancing at the fixed bugs list anyway) but we would recommend you upgrade to 1.2.8 anyway.
Yes, the one at the bottom of the index. I'll upgrade as soon as possible, but before I do, could you have a look-see? You've been on my site before Dennis (you have an account actually), the link is in my sig. Thanks Smile
Your running old templates. This was actually fixed in MyBB 1.2.3, but it appears you've not updated templates to the latest.

I've taken a look and compared MyBB's Quick Login, to yours:

Yours:
<form action="member.php" method="post">
	<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
	<span class="smalltext"><strong>Quick Login:</strong></span>
	<input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" title="Username" value="Username" onfocus="this.value=''" />
	<input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" title="Password" value="Password" onfocus="this.value=''" />
	<!-- start: gobutton -->
<input type="submit" class="button" value="Go" />
<!-- end: gobutton -->

</form>

MyBB's:
<form action="member.php" method="post">
	<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />

<span class="smalltext"><strong>Quick Login:</strong></span>
	<input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" title="Username" value="Username" onfocus="if(this.value == 'Username') { this.value=''; }" onblur="if(this.value=='') { this.value='Username'; }" />
	<input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" title="Password" value="Password" onfocus="if(this.value == 'Password') { this.value=''; }" onblur="if(this.value=='') { this.value='Password'; }" />
	<!-- start: gobutton -->
<input type="submit" class="button" value="Go" />
<!-- end: gobutton -->
</form>
Oh, ok. How would I go about fixing this Tiki?

Thanks,
Just use the "find updated templates" tool in the admin cp.