MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm new to this, How do I import a theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've tried to import a theme to my new website which I have made today. I do apologise if the questions seem to be dumb but I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff.

One of my friends suggested me in using MyBB as my hosting for my community which currently uses enjin as the web host. He also suggested me in using igame theme (https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...7&bid=1806) which was made by iAndrew. I am struggling in importing the theme, The method I tried was the following:

1. Firstly, I went to the admin panel.

2. I clicked on "Templates & Style", the navigation button.

3. I clicked on "Themes" tab

4. I clicked Import a Theme

5. The final step, I clicked on "Choose File" button, then I tried to upload the zip file but that seemed to fail (I'm guessing you can't upload zip/WinRAR files), so then I tried to extract the zip and choose that file, however, that seem to fail too because I could only open the file, not import it. so here is the problem, the file that I extracted has 2 files and 1 folder in it and from the looks, I couldn't highlight them all, how am I meant to do this correctly? (The theme is https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...7&bid=1806 )

Will importing the theme sort out everything being white and unorganised, because the following attachment shows the current look of my website... There is literally basically nothing on it apart from some text and hyperlinks. Like I said earlier, I apologise if the questions above are stupid and dumb.

MyBB Website: click here
^ Is that what your forum looked like upon creation/installation?
(2017-02-16, 02:10 AM)Nicole-Studios Wrote: [ -> ]^ Is that what your forum looked like upon creation/installation?

Yes.

Update!

I have fully re-installed the files and have re-completed the setup and somehow everything is fine now... No problems either. I'm still wondering how to get the theme imported.
see this guidance => theme installation
(2017-02-16, 02:53 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see this guidance => theme installation

Thank you! Smile