MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Configuration Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having issues getting the converter to work, I'm getting an error of:

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion.

I am merging from a MyBB 1.8 forum into another MyBB 1.8 forum. I've checked and doubled checked the database + table settings and they are correct. I contacted my host to make sure the server hostname was correct and it was. I've also allowed user access in MySQL to both of the databases but that didn't fix the problem.
Are you using the same details from ./inc/config.php from the source forum? If that forum works, they should work in here.
Are the forums on the same server? If not then the hostname is incorrect and need to replaced with the correct ip address... and you need to correct the permissions on the MySQL then.
(2017-02-16, 12:23 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the same details from ./inc/config.php from the source forum? If that forum works, they should work in here.

Yes, I am using the same details from config.php and the source forum is working.

(2017-02-16, 01:23 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Are the forums on the same server? If not then the hostname is incorrect and need to replaced with the correct ip address... and you need to correct the permissions on the MySQL then.

They both are on the same server yes. How would I correct permissions?