MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no-one recieves emails when register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am struggling how to set up the confirmation system or in other words the Mail System. I have 2 test buddies, they both registered and said that they received no emails to activate their account even though the setting is set "Send Email Verification". 

The second issue I'm experiencing is that, for a test, I activated both of the test buddies manually, they tried to log in after and said that they were receiving the following message: "You have successfully been logged in. You will now be taken back to where you came from." but for some reason, when it takes them back, they still haven't logged in because apparently, it says the login and register buttons even though they have just done it. 

My website: nuggetmixgaming.nn.pe

Wait, I have just tried to log out and it didn't log me out of the account, it just says the same message, you have been successfully logged out ye but when it takes me back, I'm still logged in
Have you enabled the secure cookies setting? Cookies are trying to be set to secure but your site has no SSL certificate.
(2017-02-16, 06:20 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Have you enabled the secure cookies setting? Cookies are trying to be set to secure but your site has no SSL certificate.

Oh, I know. I just can't log in anymore because every time I do it says "Please enter your username and password to continue." and that the site not secure. What are my options now?
You can update your cookie settings in inc/settings.php and then log into the ACP and update them there as well.
(2017-02-16, 07:53 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]You can update your cookie settings in inc/settings.php and then log into the ACP and update them there as well.

so I need to update one of these?

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".nuggetmixgaming.nn.pe";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

I have changed the cookiesecureflag to 0 and I can now successfully get on the configuration tab. Has this fixed the emailing system too?
Will be unrelated to that, this would just fix the logging in issue. As above, you'll need to change that settings again and re-save the settings in the ACP.

For mail, can you try the test here? https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/mail/