MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: make mycode accessible to only admins/mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i make a mycode only accessible to mod and admins? I can make a new mycode, and just not list it in the editor buttons. However if they edit their post they will find out the mycode to do it. We want to make a mycode that only admins and mods can use.

I want the users to be able to see the output, but not be able to use it themselves.
Disable quoting and editing posts system-wide for everyone.
Not practical, and will have serious unintended consequences.
why would disabling quotes and editing posts allow a single custom MyCode to to be only usable by admins and mods?
It would prevent non-mods and non-admins from replying to the post and quoting it, and turning off WYSIWYG in the editor, thereby seeing how to code the mycode. Which you already pointed out they could do to see it. And if they could code it, then what?

If only admin or mod knew the mycode then you would have to scan each post being made and scrub out the mycode unless typed by admin or mod.

You're wanting everyone to see the effect, but only certain people who could type it. Someone will find what it is simply by replying to a quoted post, so the code will be out there in 30 seconds. You won't be able to keep it a secret unless you disable editing and quoting, and enforce the non-disclosure.
im not talking about trying to hide it. Im talking about if a regular user tries to use it, the effect wont take place. Whereas if the user is a mod or admin, the effect will occur.

nevermind...i had to make a plugin to do this
https://community.mybb.com/thread-208382.html
I recall there being a plugin that stated you could choose to block users or usergroups from certain plugins but after some searches I cannot seem to recall how to narrow down the results.
Quote:I recall there being a plugin that stated you could choose to block users or usergroups from certain plugins 
My plugin doesnt allow just a custom MyCode. It restricts the use itself of non-mods and non-admins from using that custom MyCode too. So i wouldnt need to block users from using my plugin as it already does that.

EDIT:
I am not sure if you typo'd the second plugins -> MyCode. If so....i tried that plugin and it was really old 2011-ish and it doesnt work on MyBB 1.8.* at least.