MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade problem 1.2.6 to 1.2.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have updated from MyBB 1.2.6 to 1.2.8 but now I encounter with this error whenever I click "new reply" button: Depreciated function call: update_thread_count
How can I fix the error? Please help me
Can you reupload the files from the full MyBB 1.2.8 package? Chances are there are some files you're missing.
Do have any active plugins?
Thanks
We solved the problem
Seems the last update was a bit of a problem.
Snappo Wrote:Seems the last update was a bit of a problem.
Often, the problem is that during the FTP transfer some files are left behind or not successfully uploaded for whatever reason.
This has absolutely nothing to do with MyBB's software.
rh1n0 Wrote:
Often, the problem is that during the FTP transfer some files are left behind or not successfully uploaded for whatever reason.
Everyone has their opinion
Snappo Wrote:
rh1n0 Wrote:
Everyone has their opinion

There's nothing opinionated in rh1n0's response. It's simply fact
It's true...FTP programs often glitch or choke on uploads. Having a reliable FTP program is important. I use cuteftp and when it chokes it stops the uploading process so I can fix it but some FTP programs just keep going and unless you are paying attention you won't notice the error.
I use FileZilla on Windows, and gFTP on Linux. Both these clients seem to be able to queue uploads correctly as I've never had a transfer fail, not even when using a dial-up connection.