MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: List of tables for Sitewide Settings? (see description)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are migrating a site on an old server, and then moving the database to a new hosting account. We need to make this as smooth - and as fast - as possible.

We have already done a test migration and have "most" success (attachments died, so no attachments made it over from Wotlab Burning Board). We have come to terms with this and are okay with it.

I currently have a test site up and running on the new server. The plan is to get this test site exactly how we want it and then leave the file structure in place and JUST replace the database after the migration is complete (so only the database will move from one server to the next).

I realized I can install mods and leave all the files in place, and then after the database has been pull over, just go through the admin panel and click "install and activate" on all of them. Easy. I understand THESE settings will need to be reset.

All that leaves for "pre-move setup", then, is site settings - basically, the "configuration" part of the Admin CP (plus some, I'm sure).

Can someone list what tables are safe to leave in place (instead of just bringing the ENTIRE database over after migration)? Or is it just "safer" to reset every option by hand after and just bring the whole database?

EDITED TO ADD: The test site is currently running off of the migrated forum. So we KNOW everything is as it should be (and are aware of the places it is not)