MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help pls, can't post in my own forum, keep getting various SQL error messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
such as

MyBB SQL ErrMyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1264 - Out of range value for column 'longipaddress' at row 1Query:INSERT INTO mybb_posts (tid,fid,subject,icon,uid,username,dateline,message,ipaddress,longipaddress,includesig,smilieoff,visible,posthash) VALUES ('11047','7','Further test post','0','1','Ryor','1487361401','Can post apparently but not read my own?!','146.255.108.2','2466212866','0','0','1','1060ea6f9731c1c0ab0434f78961284a')

Various different ones, not just this.  Using Chrome, then tried Safari, neither work.

The weird thing is I can still post PMs OK there!

Urgent help needed please, our busiest time of the week!
Check Installation. have you messed with core files For posting?
I'm a complete tech innocent I'm afraid - but no, haven't touched anything as far as I'm aware. Other people seem to be able to post though. Just can't from my laptop (Mac Air). Baffling. Also tried Opera, no joy.
Do you have Devs? maybe they can
Found this, can anyone give me step by step help on how to do it pleeeease?

https://webomania.wordpress.com/2006/10/01/out-of-range-value-adjusted-for-colum 1, 2006 

Out of range value adjusted for column error 
 Filed under: MYSQL,PHP — Celia @ 7:23 am 
 This is one bug that had me smitten ever since Mysql 5 was released. If you had encountered this error and are searching in vain throughout google and msn for a fix, please do not be discouraged. This is a very simple problem and can be corrected easily. 

1) Use SQL_MODE functionality: 

Login to the Mysql shell and give the following command. 

SET GLOBAL SQL_MODE=”; 

Voila. That fixes your problem. 

2) Revert to Mysql 4. 

If you are not sure on how to do 1), this is the only other option avaliable. 

This is now sorted thanks to the 5 star Matt! Smile)

This is now sorted thanks to the 5-star Matt, to whom many thanks Smile)