MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post preview and editor source mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello sorry to bump again, but this is still annoying.

It looks like it's not going to be fixed in 1.8.16 or even ever going by Effone's comment 10 days ago.

I fully understand it's not a problem of MyBB but I did notice in the thread on Github it was said "We can just comment out sourceEditor.focus(); in SCEditor"

Could someone tell me where I can make that change please?

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2673

Thank you.
We have not fixed it til now as this is related to third party resource (SCEditor) which we are not supposed to edit, atleast for a little visual jump issue.
The problem is highlighted in the issue at GitHub and you can manually edit the source of SCEditor at your end in your install.

If you can't identify, to tell you, you just need to remove line no. 1785

sourceEditor.focus();

from SCEditor.js
(2018-06-15, 10:33 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]We have not fixed it til now as this is related to third party resource (SCEditor) which we are not supposed to edit, atleast for a little visual jump issue.
The problem is highlighted in the issue at GitHub and you can manually edit the source of SCEditor at your end in your install.

Hello Effone, yes I understand the issue.

But I can't find where to comment out sourceEditor.focus(); at my end. Could you point me to where I could find the file in cPanel that needs the edit, I have not been able to find it.

Thank you.
I can understand, the source is way different in minified version. However you can try finding and removing "else if(ub.inSourceMode())x.focus();" part from 'jquery.sceditor.min.js' file and see if it resolves the issue.

[Image: Untitled_2.png]
(2018-06-15, 10:53 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]I can understand, the source is way different in minified version. However you can try finding and removing "else if(ub.inSourceMode())x.focus();" part from 'jquery.sceditor.min.js' file and see if it resolves the issue.

[Image: Untitled_2.png]

Ok thank you. I have to go out now, but will have a look later.
Hello Effone, sorry for delay in getting back.

I tried removing the part you mentioned but nothing changed.

Any other suggestions appreciated.
Bump:

Still no joy with this issue, anyone else got a solution please.
Pages: 1 2