MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] HackForums Style MyBB theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright so a wild idea came to mind when I was working on a new simple MyBB theme, I don't know if anybody uses the forum HackForums.net which is owned by labrocca. I used to love the older theme he used, as such I decided to make a newer version for MyBB 1.8. This includes some new changes to the header and general layout of the forums.

Since the previews shown below a new footer has been added and I've also made some more adjustments. I shall continue to update this thread until it is complete. I have also began progress on changing the Show Team page to have a new layout.

Also I have created a GitHub project for this development which can be located here - HackForums-1.8-MyBB-Theme. If you have any suggestions for this it would be awesome if you could submit them on GitHub as 'enhancement' through issues. 

Preview of the 1.6 Theme
[attachment=38421]

Previews of the 1.8 Theme
[attachment=38422][attachment=38423][attachment=38424][attachment=38425]
i never was a fan of that site theme
however from the screens above ill recomend to get rid of the border radius on tborder, thead etc etc...
since you have no radius on top menu (thinks it fits good)
also as you use icons on index you should also use it in thread list and also in postbit buttons
on postbit buttons use icons or nothing at all (no images)

will see if i remember something more
keep up
SubzR
This looks good, I actually think your version looks better Big Grin good work.
Not a fan of Hackforums design but good work. It is actually the older version design as far as I can see Smile
(2017-02-19, 06:48 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of Hackforums design but good work. It is actually the older version design as far as I can see Smile

I think that's the point, a recreation of the classic version of the theme but by modern standards. Toungue
OP you do not have my permission to use my graphics or theme.
(2017-11-06, 03:10 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]OP you do not have my permission to use my graphics or theme.

Lol he didn't rip your theme his re-working on it for MyBB 1.8 since you guys were using 1.6, now that you've upgraded maybe you could grab the theme from him and anyways all you have on the theme is .css edits he did some templates/css work.
(2017-11-06, 03:10 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]OP you do not have my permission to use my graphics or theme.

This was the theme I shared on HackForums too, the one you wanted when you initially upgraded to the 1.8 series. This theme will not be released anywhere. I have the only copy, it was a project I started in my spare time when I first started working on MyBB Themes. I wanted to see if I could recreate a nice theme with some changes to it.
Looks better than the original imo. Probably because I prefer a menu over icons. Nice work.

You could easily just change the images on this theme and it wouldn't be related to hackforums. You have the right to create something of your own inspired by something else.
should probably convert all tables over to div because this is 2017
Pages: 1 2