MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Big Thread Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
One of my threads had just under 50,000 posts and it started glitching really badly. Posts would go back in the thread, not in the right order, and just generally get screwed up. It wasn't happening with any other threads, but we just had to close it because that thread just wouldn't work.

So I'm not exactly sure why...but I guess if a thread gets too big on MyBB there are a few problems handling the posts.
It would help if you provided some more information.... Like a link to the thread?
http://mountmoon.net/showthread.php?tid=7&page=1

I'm not exactly sure why the glitchiness started, so I wish I could give you more information.
Hi,

Can you provide us with links to the specific posts which are out of order? and what you define "generally screwed up" as?

I've just flooded my local test copy with 50,000 posts and an incrementing date of 10 minutes between each post and it seems to be holding fine.
Apparently new replies weren't showing up until about 2 or 3 more were posted.

If you look at the second to last thread, there are a lot of members complaining that they can't see new posts until a while after they're posted.

I'm not sure why that would happen. It wasn't a server issue, as the board was still online. And no other threads suffered.
There's absolutely no reason why this would be happening. It's not like MyBB waits to insert posts into the database until someone else posts.
Tikitiki, honestly, what are you on the support team?

Every thread I've made you've come in and told me that it's not MyBB's fault...that there is no problem...that it's all my doing. You know that PM editor glitch you hassled me about? Yeah, that was a width problem that WAS in one of the templates, but MyBB did not display it as modified, as it would if I had manually changed it (like you suggested).

I do not report glitches because it's a fun thing to do. I'm not trying to make work for you. I'm just straight up telling you what happened. And if you don't like it, don't want to listen to it, or don't know what to do, then ignore it. Because I'm sure that a more experienced staff member can discuss the problem with me.

And even if it IS on my side, then a good staff member would want to help me work that out.

Tikitiki Wrote:There's absolutely no reason why this would be happening. It's not like MyBB waits to insert posts into the database until someone else posts.

Does that help me in any way? Is it positive? No, neither. You don't need to sound condescending when I've been using MyBB from the RCs. I also have a background with PHP and MySQL. Yes, I realize that MyBB does not sit and wait to insert posts. That is obvious. What's not obvious is why that would happen. And maybe if you put your head to figuring out that problem, it would save us a lot of time and make the support team look better.

Because I'm really sick of the way you treat loyal MyBB users.
I don't see anything wrong with Tikitiki's post.
destroyer Wrote:I don't see anything wrong with Tikitiki's post.

How does it help the problem? It doesn't offer any type of speculation as to what would cause the problem, even if MyBB wasn't at fault. It was completely unhelpful, especially coming from what's supposed to be a Support staff member.
I think that he just means that it's your fault that the problem appeared, not MyBB's. And Tikitiki doesn't know how you created that problem.

But now I was thinking about it:

I had this problem with MyBB 1.1. This was due to a server problem, the server time was changing all the time and the posts got messed up ...
Pages: 1 2 3