MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do Thread Prefixes have groups? and a couple of other questions.!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I was thinking about this last night and I wanted to ask to see if this was implemented in MyBB 2.0.

1) - Do Thread Prefixes now have groups in MyBB 2.0? (Much like XenForo and VBulletin)
2) - How do additional usergroups show up in Admin Control Panel? (does it still use a dropdown with ctrl to select more?)
3) - Will the structure of making plugins change? I quite like that MyBB only really needs one php file per plugin, other sites such as XenForo has all sorts of files everywhere for one plugin as you need Controllers and etc.
1) Thread prefixes aren't yet implemented. I'm not sure how useful prefix groups are, but if there's a valid and widely used use case, I have no problem with them.
2) Not yet implemented. We've not really thought about it yet, but we need to choose a solution that works well both on desktop and mobile (touch screen).
3) Yes, the structure will change. It will be possible to have a single PHP file (but not particularly recommended), but all plugins will be Composer packages and will therefore have a "composer.json" file, as well as a root plugin file.
(2017-02-21, 10:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]1) Thread prefixes aren't yet implemented. I'm not sure how useful prefix groups are, but if there's a valid and widely used use case, I have no problem with them.
2) Not yet implemented. We've not really thought about it yet, but we need to choose a solution that works well both on desktop and mobile (touch screen).
3) Yes, the structure will change. It will be possible to have a single PHP file (but not particularly recommended), but all plugins will be Composer packages and will therefore have a "composer.json" file, as well as a root plugin file.

1) Prefix groups just make it easier to read. https://i.imgur.com/wGisJbA.png This is a screenshot of a few prefixes I setup on my XenForo copy and having them sorted by groups make it look neater in the ACP and by listing.

2) Good shout, I don't think a ctrl to select dropdown is the best field to use for secondary usergroups for mobile use, a checkbox style would be easier on mobile.

3) Thanks for letting me know. I'm slowly trying to learn PHP (admittedly I'm struggling) but I'm finding MyBB having it all on one page much easier to grasp and play around with.

How about the classic postbit, does that still exist?
(2017-02-21, 10:54 PM)BritishKitten Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-21, 10:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]1) Thread prefixes aren't yet implemented. I'm not sure how useful prefix groups are, but if there's a valid and widely used use case, I have no problem with them.

1) Prefix groups just make it easier to read. https://i.imgur.com/wGisJbA.png This is a screenshot of a few prefixes I setup on my XenForo copy and having them sorted by groups make it look neater in the ACP and by listing.

2) Good shout, I don't think a ctrl to select dropdown is the best field to use for secondary usergroups for mobile use, a checkbox style would be easier on mobile.

3) Thanks for letting me know. I'm slowly trying to learn PHP (admittedly I'm struggling) but I'm finding MyBB having it all on one page much easier to grasp and play around with.

How about the classic postbit, does that still exist?

The classic postbit is kind of gone, as the whole postbit has a very different style now, something like the below:

[Image: nzehLys.png]