MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: database become real huge because the merge script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
database become real huge because the merge script
i used merge script to fix some bad errors and move site from server to other
but each time the size of data base double size now the database size is almost 60 MB and its a free hosting
so its make a lot of load on the server gets me error 502 or 522 etc
can someone tell me how to get rid of this huge space and clean the database of this massed size
total threads in my forum is
topics in total
i need help as soon as possible for the sake of the hosting and to make site works better
i have some warnings from the hosting that my site overload on server with that huge database
I'm not sure why you used the merge system in the first place, but 60MB is not "huge" at all, it's very small. If this is causing performance issues, and they're saying this is "overloading" the server, your hosting must be incredibly poor. Who do you host with? The solution is to use hosting that can actually manage a half-decent sized website - if it's free, you get what you pay for (i.e. nothing) - what are you honestly expecting from free hosting?
i used the merge due the last time my database crushed
was at these topics
https://community.mybb.com/thread-204953.html
https://community.mybb.com/thread-199595.html
the way did fix the problem is merge to a new form then moved the form back as the original
i find
mybb_debuglogs thats take half size and i wonder is that for
(2017-02-22, 11:45 PM)Michael_vx Wrote: [ -> ]mybb_debuglogs thats take half size and i wonder is that for

You can drop that table if your forum is working fine after the merge to reclaim space. If you're hesitant, you can back it up just in case.
thank you spork985 for the reply
mybb_debuglogs table is not used by the forum i think
i did backup then i dropped the whole table and the forum is working good
the size of this table was about 28 MB
so the whole database went down to 21 instead of about 52 MB
is there any thing else can make little lower and save some space
or thiere is no other things
the forum now working a lot better after dropped this table
way way better
if nothing else will make database smaller in size then topic is solved Smile
only i hope MyBB stuff tell me what the use or the goal of this table
mybb_debuglogs
^ well, as the table name mybb_debuglogs suggests, it consists of data for debugging the merge process

if merge process is succeeded then there is no need of keeping that table.

perhaps, there should be a provision in the system to delete the debug logs after the successful merging !
Again, I'm not sure why this is really a problem - if your forum has data in it, that is going to take up some sort of space. 52MB is not big for a database, so if this is causing an issue for your host, move to a decent host, and the problem is solved.