MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Http Error 500 when I try to change a password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello @ll,
Since the update 1.8.10, it is no longer able to change passwords in the administration.

I have the following case: A user has forgotten his password and has requested a new one and also got it. This new password is not accepted. He has requested a new password several times, with the same result.
So I had the idea to define a new password directly via the administration, but then I get an error page when saving

[Image: 263451error500.jpg]

If I referesh the error page, I am back in the user's account, as if I had never edited anything.

I've tried several times ....
I've even tried changing my own password, but with the same result ..

Can you help me?
Thx in advance!

blongso
basically you have to check server error log (through web host panel) to trace the cause of error 500

most probably it could be due to mod_security implemented by web host
re,
I have activated the error.log

[attachment=38457]

At the moment (and I do not know how long already) nobody can register again or use his new password (if he has ordered a new one because he forgot the old one).
Also it is impossible to renew a password in the admin.

Test with chrome: error500 page
Test with firefox: blank page
Test with IE: error 500 page

What is the problem?
Can you help me?

Greets,
blongso
Have you done any edits to the core?
Your error.log says the function create_password_hash() isn't defined. The function has been part of inc/functions_user.php since MyBB 1.8.9
You should reupload the file inc/functions_user.php from a fresh MyBB package and run File Verification in ACP - Tools & Maintenance to check if there are other outdated/changed files.
re doylecc,
I have copy the file functions_user.php from the latest Mybb Version on the folder from on the server. Verification ok ....
BUT now, I have another problem  Huh

I change my password in ACP, save and I see the login page, I must log again / likewise into the forum (as if I had logged off) ...

Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh

Which PHP version must be installed at least since version Mybb 1.8.9?

I suspect that our PHP version is no longer compatible with the latest Mybb version ...

Our PHP Version: 5.6.26 (I know .... pfffff Dodgy )
Since I am not responsible for these things, I have never paid attention (there is no option in Cpanel to update PHP) ... Dodgy

I could really imagine that this is the reason for these problems ... right?
^ your current php version is fine.
As doylecc has suggested, some of your forum's files belong to older version of MyBB.
such files (esp php files from the main folder & inc folder) need replacing from MyBB 1.8.10 pack
at present few critical files are replaced & now there should be no problem in login & password changing.
re,
Thanks to all (and especially .m.) who helped!!!! We are happy now Rolleyes

Thank you ....

blongso