MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with DVZ Shoutbox (mybb 1.8.10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!
I get the DVZ Shoutbox 2.3.1 installed (on a test forum/theme), but the part folds after a few seconds and I have to update the page. Why? Mybb is updated to the latest version.

I had read the following:
(2017-02-01, 07:27 PM)johnnyvang Wrote: [ -> ]Check the plugin settings on the Refresh interval for the refresh setting a/o away mode for open/close on auto in seconds.

Does this have something to do with my problem?

How to activate the Smilies in the DVZ Shoutbox?

Thanks in advance for help  Shy

Greets,
blongso
If the shoutbox is closing itself after a few seconds / minutes then yes.
Smilies are already activated, just use the code for them : P ( no space ) = Toungue  
Its the same code as in every forum post/reply
re johnnyvang,

Can you give me an example, what I where to enter where the Shoutbox should NOT close please?
Likewise, I am currently overwhelmed with your tip with the Smilies (code). Please explain it more, that would be very, very nice Angel

THX in advance!
blongso
Shoutbox default status is set on my forum to off.
Away mode is set to 0 ( zero ), and its always visable to all members.

The smilies is simple Smile
If you add a message in the shout box and the code 
:D or ;P or :)

You see those smilies:   Big Grin  Wink  Toungue
Add the same code you use when add a new reply or start a new thread.
All smilies on the left are also usable in the shoutbox.
re johnnyvangm,

Great!!!!

Now I understand it! Is it possible to make an "bar" over the shoutbox, whether the smilies can be clicked and inserted? Just like in the mybb editor? Not everyone knows the shorthand for smilies ;-)
Not that i am aware of.
I use a link to a page myself inside the shoutbox with all smilie code and there image.
re,
Could you tell me where and what exactly did you use as a link?

Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel
I clicked on the get more link and copy part of the source ( if i am correct from line 350 to 455 ) and add that into a new .php file called it shout_emoticons.php.
Upload it and add a link to that page under the shoutbox.
Link is a popup, so you can use them and stay on the index page.
shout_emoticons.php shows me the smilies and the code they need ( no clickable smilies ).
Add the code in the shoutbox, hit enter and it will be a smilie Smile

Maybe there's a better way, but this will do for me.
re johnnyvang,

Please excuse me if I annoy you ... But I want to understand and implement everything well because I like it as you did.

1. Away mode is set to 0 - But when I enter a text and klick enter, the shoot window disappears.
I need to update the page and the shootbox appears again

(2017-02-25, 07:37 PM)johnnyvang Wrote: [ -> ]..... and add a link to that page under the shoutbox.
Link is a popup, so you can use them and stay on the index page.

How exactly is the link and where exactly I have to copy it?

I did not understand that ... Confused Sorry ....

I thank you so much that you help me Shy
Away mode - 0
Lazy load - disabled
shoutbox default status - on
This  will not close the shoutbox ( for me ).

Go to a message and reply so that you see the smilies on the left.
On the smilies click get more.
Right click and select view source.
That code you need.
Find all between line 350 to 455 and copy it.
Past the code it into a new file ( create one with eg notepad )  and save it as emoticons.php ( or html if you like ).
Upload it to your server and go to ACP -> templates & style - templates -> index page templates -> index ( look for it for your them.
Under the code for the shoutbox add this:
<a href="emoticons.html" onclick="window.open('emoticons.html', 'emoticons_for_shout',
'width=450, height=400, scrollbars=yes, toolbar=no, location=no'); return false">Shout Emoticons</a>

Rename in the code the 2 emoticons.html into the name of your file ( the one you just create in notepad ).
Now you have a link under the shout and clicking on it will open a new tab with only the smilies and the codes for them ).
Pages: 1 2