MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Colour Scheme Resources
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I often find this page useful: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/2397/

It has a huge table of colors, along with their hex and rgb codes (rgb is different, but this is also assuming you know how to use rgb in CSS Toungue).
I've updated the list with what has been mentioned within this thread, any more suggestions would be great. Smile
Thanks for helpful resources! I'll for sure try all of them.
Kuler is amazing - download the desktop module - well worth having

All of my site schemes come at least in part from a compiled color set, and almost always from Kuler - in fact I make my clients use it to get an idea of what they like.

S
Thanks for the resources, I knew none of those sites. It might come in handy even though most of those schemes are pretty "classic" and you kind of loose all the fun of trying to match colors and give your design is own color identity Undecided

But if I had to find myself a color scheme for a less-personal project or for someone else I would definitely use those!
Thanks for these resources Smile
iryx Wrote:Thanks for the resources, I knew none of those sites. It might come in handy even though most of those schemes are pretty "classic" and you kind of loose all the fun of trying to match colors and give your design is own color identity Undecided

Ok I understand however one thing I do, which you might do / or like to do is if someone says they'd like their site with a green theme (or if they don't say but their site is something to do with omething similar [eg; greenpeace]) then I will get a picture off Google Images then use Pixie and pick about 5 points in it (I would find a picture of a leaf then pick 5 bits of that then use it) ... then apply them to the webpage.

Colour 1 - Background
Colour 2 - Table 1
Colour 3 - Table 2
Colour 4 - Table 3
Colour 5 - Table 4

Then use a colour that shows nicely on them as the font colour, then a colour that is similar but less vibrant (or more vibrant) to the main text colour to use as a link (and probably make it bold). Smile
That's a pretty good technique, I used to do it with three colors... Now I just come up with colors on the spot, and it usually comes out pretty good.
Thank !
what opens a cs file?
Pages: 1 2 3