MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't edit CSS on Default theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Smile

I'm completely new to myBB, I'm using the Default theme and created a child theme.
I want to edit a few things : colors for backgrounds and links, add a background image for the header, and change the content width, that's all, but whenever I edit the CSS, nothing changes Sad

I'm just beginning using and editing MyBB, the answer might be easy but I really can't figure out what is going on :-(

Any clue ? Huh
Thanks in advance ! Smile
Are you using CloudFlare? Put it in developer mode if you are, otherwise the CSS takes forever to update.
No, I'm not using cloudflare.

I also found out that I'm having more issues : login/logon problems, NOTHING changes in the admin settings (not only CSS)

I first edited the settings.php with cookies, set 666 CHMOD, and then I fixed the cookie settings on the admin and saved, but the old setting comes back  Huh Huh

Self-update  Angel

I finally manage to login/logout, the cookies are OK and stay OK now.
I am able to edit and SAVE this edit in the admin settings.
I am able to change the header background image of my theme on the template (I chose AlphaGaming) but editing the CSS is useless, nothing changes at all Sad
I'm still working on it, but it's only the beginning and I feel it's already so complicated Sad

I don't want to go back to PhpBB or SMF, which I liked a lot in the past, I really want to use MyBB ofr my new site, it will be perfect for my purpose, but if have no choice, I will have to give it up  Confused
Hello ! Smile

Finally, I can edit the CSS now, I have no idea why or how, but it's working Smile

Problem solved Smile
Hey innershelf,
It is a really weird case though, I feel it might be wrong configuration in config.php that might have caused it.
Anyways good luck with your forum.

Regards
WallBB
Hi again, I think I spoke too quickly -_-

I noticed that my changes are OK and saved, as long as I stay on the editing page, BUT, if I quit the editing page (admin), and go back to editing my css, this old CSS is back...
Huh Huh Huh

I found out that I need to refresh between every change I make : I edit the css, I save, I quit, I go back to the editing page, find the previous css without the latest change, and then I need to ctrl+F5 to get my latest CSS back.

F5 is not enough I need to ctrl+F5 each time I make a change, not only in the CSS but everywhere in the admin settings  Huh 

I don't know if the future forum members will have the same issue, or if it's just me  Huh
yeah its ok , sometimes you will have to hard refresh twice by using Ctrl+F5 , Smile)
I still have the same issue, for every change I make, I need a hard refresh, both in front end and backend, I have never seen that before, I'm not sure it's OK, my members shouldn't have the same permanent issue  Huh