MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to delete members without banning them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a few fake members i made and its time to delete them but i don't want to ban them i just want to remove them because they may need to be used again.

http://utubepoop.com/

what do i do?

thx Smile
Login to the Admin Panel > Click the Users & Groups Tabs > Use the search field for the username in question > Click the button beside the user that says options > Click delete user.
Hello there -

I have a follow up question regarding deleting users.

I have deleted a user. But deleting a user doesn't automatically delete the posts authored by the user. I don't want to delete the posts. I just want to rename the user after I have deleted the user. You see, deleting the user doesn't let you edit the user in the ACP>Users section anymore, so you cannot rename it. Is there's any way to rename the username.

Some users send me PMs asking to be removed from the forum. What I've done before is rename the user prior to deleting it. Last time, I deleted the user before renaming the username. So, again, how can I rename the username? I hope it doesn't require manual DB manipulation.

thanks,
albano
(2018-01-31, 06:59 PM)albano Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to rename the user after I have deleted the user.

You need to use phpMyAdmin

Go to mybb_posts > search for post id (PID) > double click username > edit > enter.

Then go to mybb_threads > search for thread id (TID) and check the username and last poster as they made need changing too.

It's not difficult to do, but I would try it first on a test account to get the hang of it.
(2018-02-01, 01:17 PM)sarisisop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-31, 06:59 PM)albano Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to rename the user after I have deleted the user.

You need to use phpMyAdmin

Go to mybb_posts > search for post id (PID) > double click username > edit > enter.

Then go to mybb_threads > search for thread id (TID) and check the username and last poster as they made need changing too.

It's not difficult to do, but I would try it first on a test account to get the hang of it.

Goodness! So it does require touching the db manually? I'll test it in a lab forum prior to it.

Thanks,
albano
For those that need to do it via SQL query

UPDATE `mybb_posts` SET `username`= "<newusername>",  WHERE `username`= "<oldusername>" 
UPDATE `mybb_threads` SET `username`= "<newusername>",  `lastposter` = "<newusername>"  WHERE `username`= "<oldusername>", `lastposter` = "<oldusername>" 

Exclamation You really need to test this first in a non-production forum before rolling it into production.