MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin password not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I carefully noted my password when I set up the forum and last time I went to use it it did not recognize it.
So I tried to reset it by using the Forgot Password routine, which seemed to work well, but when I copied the password from the email it did not work. The first time after copying the password it said I had not entered the Captcha code, but it did not show it until after I had  clicked on the login button, then after I had entered the Captcha code it said that either the username/password combination was incorrect.
We have had some intruders on the site, could they have corrupted the files?
After a breach you should always upload clean files from the latest MyBB version and go over the plugins you have installed.

What's your forum URL?
(2017-03-01, 11:41 PM)NickGHQ Wrote: [ -> ]After a breach you should always upload clean files from the latest MyBB version and go over the plugins you have installed.

What's your forum URL?

Will uploading a new version over the old lose all of the posts?
I'm not sure how they breached the forum, as it was inside what I thought was a secure area!
How can I login as Administrator when my password has been trashed.
Can I alter something on the database to get in?
How can you stop anyone just doing a google search on your website and finding the url of the forum.
I typed my URL /mybb and it found the location of the Mybb files, even though they were hidden behind the user login that I coded to create a secure area.