MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gettint MyBB Error (44) with new server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running version 1.6.14 and have to move to a new server (linux).   In the past I've been able to dump the Mysql database move the MyBB directory restore the database and it ran fine.

This time I am getting the Error(44) "MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension" message.  I found only the one reference to this error in the support pages which said change the config.php database type.  I tried both versions of the database type and neither works.

It would seem that something got missed when this server was generated or mysql has changed in some way.
The new server is on RedHat Enterprise 6.8

Any suggestions?
If neither mysql or mysqli work then it sounds like the PHP extension physically isn't installed on your server, so you'd be best to ask your host to install it for you.

Also, you'll need to upgrade at the earliest opportunity - 1.6.14 was released almost 3 years ago and isn't even the latest release of 1.6 (you've missed several security releases), but 1.6 support has ended and we can only support 1.8 going forward.
I found it. When the server was generated they didn't load all the Mysql/php modules. Once did an inventory and had access to yum I got all the parts added.

Thanks for the reply -- yes, part of the move was to upgrade, but I had to be by the mysql problems first. I have a 1.8 upgrade in the works, but with the server move, I have some work to do to get MyBB to recognize that the server name (DNS) has changed. Haven't found all the places that information is hidden away.