MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem login into admin account after install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello
im new to these forums im trying to install mybb on my host server,
we have gone through all of the install ok and has inserted all oof the tables in mysql.

the problem now is when you login with your admin user and pass we get this message i have attached message in word as screendump.

thanks
That looks like a problem with the php installation on your host, I would suggest contacting them about it.
Chris Wrote:That looks like a problem with the php installation on your host, I would suggest contacting them about it.

hi
we have had a php forum running on this host before but we had some issue with a a warning system which we could not get working so we decided to try this forum software.
That's possible, but it won't work if you don't contact your host.
wade Wrote:hi
we have had a php forum running on this host before but we had some issue with a a warning system which we could not get working so we decided to try this forum software.
Keep in mind that MyBB is not some other PHP forum. Smile
MyBB may have been using some different functions to your previous board hence this different problem.

Also, if possible, you may want to host your forums on a non-windows server. I'm hosting forums on my Linux server (locally) as well as hosting a testing board on my localhost and by far Linux is faster. Smile
rh1n0 Wrote:
wade Wrote:hi
Keep in mind that MyBB is not some other PHP forum. Smile
MyBB may have been using some different functions to your previous board hence this different problem.

Also, if possible, you may want to host your forums on a non-windows server. I'm hosting forums on my Linux server (locally) as well as hosting a testing board on my localhost and by far Linux is faster. Smile

thanks or all replys i will contact the host company.