MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I expand the thread preview on index?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a newb question. I've searched my templates and can't figure this out.

The latest post previews on my index page are centered and cut off a lot shorter than I'd like. Where do I adjust the preview text length so that the preview fills the space (see attached image)?

I'm using the Square theme if that matters.

Thanks!
D
To change this you've to edit the core file: MYBB_ROOT/inc/functions_forumlist.php

Search for (line #299)
if(my_strlen($lastpost_subject) > 25)
{
	$lastpost_subject = my_substr($lastpost_subject, 0, 25)."...";
}

Replace both numbers, in this case 25, with the max count of characters (-3) you like.
Awesome, that worked, thanks.

One last thing, how do I set it to left justify?

I really appreciate your help.

I can't figure out why the last post isn't left aligned. It's left aligned in the forumbit_depth2_forum template:

<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" valign="top" width="1"><span class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"></span></td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top">
<strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong>{$forum_viewers_text}<div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}{$modlist}{$subforums}</div>
</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"></td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="left" style="padding-right: 20px; width: 70px;">
  <i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-file-text fa-fw" title="Threads"></i>&nbsp;{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}
  <br />
  <i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-comments fa-fw" title="Posts"></i>&nbsp;{$posts}{$unapproved['unapproved_posts']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="left" style="width: 200px;">{$lastpost}</td>
</tr>

But as you can see in the attached image, it's not aligned to the left. A little help, please?

Site: http://baytowntalkforum.com

Thanks for your help.