MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleting a theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I delete a theme while some forum members have it selected, does ACP give me an option to force those members (not the ones using some other theme) to another named theme or do I have to force the change in the database?
It will set default theme for them automatically.
You can also force all users to a theme in the theme options
[attachment=38500]
Don't want to force all to a specific theme.

Background info: first attempt to recreate a theme from 1.6 is flawed, but mostly works.
Second attempt gave me a theme based on MyBB default that worked but did not look like original 1.6 theme.
Third attempt is a working theme and it looks better.
Some members are still using flawed first theme, so I will follow CanExiOne's suggestion to
1) make third theme default, then 2) delete the first theme.
This will leave me with members who were using first theme, now switched over to third theme.
(2017-03-04, 08:20 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Don't want to force all to a specific theme.

Background info: first attempt to recreate a theme from 1.6 is flawed, but mostly works.
Second attempt gave me a theme based on MyBB default that worked but did not look like original 1.6 theme.
Third attempt is a working theme and it looks better.
Some members are still using flawed first theme, so I will follow CanExiOne's suggestion to
1) make third theme default, then 2) delete the first theme.
This will leave me with members who were using first theme, now switched over to third theme.

If you force on users like SvePu said it will take all users on theme one and two and make them go on theme three.
This means all users on the forums are on theme three by default and allows you to remove the others with ease.
Thank you all for replies. Changeover was successful. No hitches.