MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderators able to assign user groups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to enable mods to either have limited access to a reduced CP or be able to assign members into user groups?

I've done this on IPB befpre - apologies if I'm being blind
The Admin CP you can control exactly what a person can access on a per user basis. Be aware that if someone has the permission to manage users they could put the person in a higher usergroup because no check is done as there is no hierarchy.
(2017-03-08, 12:07 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]The Admin CP you can control exactly what a person can access on a per user basis. Be aware that if someone has the permission to manage users they could put the person in a higher usergroup because no check is done as there is no hierarchy.

Thank you for this.

So, a moderator with permission to manage users could make someone an admin, for example?
Yes they would.
I don't think that's an issue for me at the moment as I trust the specific user concerned but it does seem to be an obvious security hole - are there any plans to resolve this in future releases?
(2017-03-11, 12:34 AM)rockingit Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that's an issue for me at the moment as I trust the specific user concerned but it does seem to be an obvious security hole - are there any plans to resolve this in future releases?

Just to throw this out here, you could always attempt to make a custom page, show usergroups that you want mods to be able to promote and only give them access to this special page.

I'm no developer but I assume its possible. Just gotta be careful that it can't be hacked into.